Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services used for various ends, so let's survey them. In that way, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you'd like to own a website, e-mails, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some hosts, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between different packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different website hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given companies provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share an enormous number of pics with chums or partners since the service is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your emails. Some vendors offer website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to keep an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At 151HOSTING, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular web content solely.